[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - New SMTube: first public version

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

New SMTube: first public version

Forum to talk about the development of SMTube (code, patches...).

Re: New SMTube: first public version

Postby cootmaster » Wed May 13, 2015 4:24 am

OHHHHHH

THAT FIXED IT
OH MAN I FEEL STUPID
i had the box checked
and didnt double check it
i think i accidentally deleted the info put back in forgot uncheck the box or accidentally checked it

ok i understand
1 smtube is like a gui interface in a way, in order to download w uget MUST be ACTIVATED by something like sm tube right right click open uget.
you CANT copy paste and click download and drop anything into it , like regular down loaders like atube catcher or a desktop stand alone . using copy paste clip board .
oh yes box was accidentally y checked the box i noticed it changed http://r1---sn-bvvbax-hn2l.googlevideo.c.... to this
NOW i have the white paper again BUT its asking HOW do i want to OPEN it it DOES play once i select a player like smplayer or wmp.

2 so now i solved that issue , why does the file say play back with the paper icon see below then 6 mb . after downloading does windows not know how to open it
if i try open it with wmp it says file not recognized by windows do u want still play ? if i click YES it plays
if i choose SM player it opens fine and PLAYS
is it supposed to save to drive as a piece of paper icon that ONLY opens w smplayer because it was created that way
i would expected it save it as a avi or something
im assuming its supposed do this

OH i renamed it PLAYBACK.avi its fine now!!!

TY ALL
one more thing is there way for it to save as a avi and not that stupid paper have rename it all time
Attachments
fixed.jpg
fixed.jpg (10.53 KiB) Viewed 34093 times
image1'.jpg
image1'.jpg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 34097 times
cootmaster

Postby rvm » Wed May 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Be sure you have "--filename=%f" in the parameters in the configuration of uget. That option gives to uget the filename that should be used to save the video. Without it the video is saved as "videoplayback" and without extension that's why the icon shows as a piece of paper.

uget.png
uget.png (23.52 KiB) Viewed 34082 times

I also noticed that in Windows the save fails if the filename contains a ":" (like in the case of "MLP: Equestria Girls ..."). I've just fixed this in SVN r6940.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby cootmaster » Wed May 13, 2015 2:58 pm

THATS RIGHT ty
cootmaster

Postby cootmaster » Wed May 13, 2015 3:30 pm

OMG IT WORKED
elton John - Sacrifice
Music video by Elton John performing Sacrifice. (C) 1989 Mercury Records Limited

ttp://r1---sn-bvvbax-hn2s.googlevid blaaa

Elton John - Sacrifice.mp4

TY GUYS SO MUCH
i cant believe ALL that time that box was checked!!
DERP

i think what happened was when you released it last week i put it in (uget)
then checked that box
and unchecked it to fix it
put %u
then i think i removed uget from list instead of edit
re added it
checked it AGAIN
did %u
ONLY thing i need to do to fix it
1 UNCHECK BOX
2 where %u was change it to -filename=%f" %u
WOW
Image HAAAA
THAX EVERYONE :D
Attachments
elton.jpg
elton.jpg (3.87 KiB) Viewed 34078 times
cootmaster

Postby zzd10h » Thu May 14, 2015 1:26 am

@rvm
Hi,
I have 3 questions/requests... Are they plannables/possibles ?

1) Is it planned that you readd the "Location area" setting combo box ?
It was very useful to have the populars videos from his own country at startup.

2) is it possible to add a second quality settings combo box with a dedicated switch "%d" for example that we could pass to a Player (uget, wget, DownloadVideo.rexx for example).
Like that we could have a quality for primary streaming and another for download without break YT policy.

3) As, now, SMTube is web based. Is it possible to have the comments directly accessible under each video without to go to the webwindow ?

Thank you for your reply (and for your work of course ;) )
zzd10h

Postby rvm » Thu May 14, 2015 2:30 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby GeneBenson » Thu May 14, 2015 7:26 am

rvm wrote:
Configuration to run youtube-dl (linux):

Name: youtube-dl
Executable: xterm
Parameters: -e youtube-dl %u -f 22 -o /tmp/%(title)s-%(id)s.%(ext)s
This player supports video sites: checked

It opens a xterm and runs youtube-dl from there. The option -f 22 specifies the quality to 720p. The option -o /tmp/... saves the video in /tmp.

First of all you need permission to write to /tmp which most people won't have.
Secondly, I believe this: -e youtube-dl %u -f 22 -o /tmp/%(title)s-%(id)s.%(ext)s
should be in quotes like this: -e "youtube-dl %u -f 22 -o /tmp/%(title)s-%(id)s.%(ext)s"
At least that's what allowed it to work on my system. I'm using xfce4-terminal instead of xterm so maybe xterm doesn't require the quotes.

I'd just like to say how much I appreciate all the hard work you've put into SMPlayer and SMTube. Great apps both!! :D
GeneBenson

Postby zzd10h » Thu May 14, 2015 9:22 am

@rvm
Wonderful :D
zzd10h

Postby mckinley120 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:55 pm

@rvm
Thank you for your work on this program. It is one that I use heavily in my work and entertainment flow.

The new interface is very web app-like, so I was wondering if there were plans to make it look more like the previous versions (like a native windows application) of SMTube (with search part of the main window). I mean, it's fine how it is now, but there is a lot of wasted whitespace in that window that could be cleaned up a bit.

Incredible application! :mrgreen:
mckinley120

Postby rvm » Thu May 14, 2015 11:28 pm

Well, the layout can change in the future but it's indeed a web app and I can't change that.
rvm
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Development