This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Install error - fails to download youtube-dl

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Install error - fails to download youtube-dl

Postby DevNull » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:12 am

I'm sure this must be known already, but downloading the installer yesterday and running on Win7.64 it throws an error that it cannot download youtube-dl. It is willing to continue with the install, which was a pleasant surprise! Just wanted to make sure I made everyone aware of the issue - as my search of these forums returned 0 results every time! But out on google there are tons of posts about the issue!

PS: For what it's worth, I STRONGLY suggest that you modify the installer and make ALL of the Youtube stuff an option. Features that large, that can fail like this, should really be an opt-in thing during install. Especially since this feature requires that you actually run a micro web-server on my machine? I think I read that somewhere - is that true? I definitely can't have all my machines running a web-server regardless of how "safe" it might be. LOL In any case - PLEASE consider making that feature opt-in during install.
DevNull

Return to General